Best Chicken Curry & Rice
30 minutes / 4 servings
| INGREDIENTS |
3 thawed chicken breasts
2 cans coconut milk
2 TBSP curry powder
1 tsp chicken chicken bouillon powder
2 tsp minced or crushed garlic
1 - 2 TBSP Sriracha hot chili sauce
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
1 TBSP vegetable oil
2 cups white or brown rice
| INSTRUCTIONS |
1. Start cooking rice in a pot or rice cooker. (We use minute rice for time)
2. Finely dice 1/2 yellow onion. In a sauce pan over medium heat, add 1 tsp vegetable oil and 1/8 cup water. Add onions and cook 15 minutes until opaque, slightly browning and water is evaporated.
While rice and onions are cooking, start curry sauce in a large sauce pan.
3. In a large saucepan over low heat, combine coconut milk, curry powder, chicken bouillon powder, garlic, 1 TBSP Sriracha chili sauce and salt and whisk together until blended. Simmer on low heat so it does not boil. Taste. (This is just right for us, but you may want to add more salt, curry powder or more Sriracha chili sauce depending on your preference.)
4. Cube thawed chicken breasts into small cubes. Heat a sauce pan with 1 TBSP vegetable oil over high heat for a few minutes, then turn heat to medium. Add chicken and a few large spoonfuls of the already mixed curry into the pan. Chicken should sizzle when added. Cover and stir every couple minutes. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked (make sure not to overcook, it should be tender).
5. Add cooked onion and chicken to the curry sauce and thoroughly mix. Pour over rice and top with chopped peanuts. Enjoy!